Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Daily song!

So it's been awhile once more. Sorry.

Before I Begin, I would like to make a little announcement!

I dropped out of school!!
Now some of you are probably thinking "Why did you do that! You'll never achieve anything if you drop out of high school, you'll never get a job" And blah blah blah. Well let me explain...

As I had been away for about a month in term three with a badly sprained ankle and Giardia I had missed a lot of important work, especially seeing as we were coming up to end of year exams, and because my attendance hadn't exactly been up to scratch prior to that, I was very far behind. Teachers were putting a lot of stress on me to catch up and I couldn't really handle all of it. Not only was this making life difficult, but I had also been diagnosed with depression a few weeks earlier. Reasonably severe, I believe it was. Also, a month or so earlier I had been accepted into MAINZ (Music and Audio Institute of New Zealand) which was super exciting, so I wasn't going to be returning to school next year anyway. So one morning I woke up and explained to mum that I want to drop out. We agreed eventually that if I was going to, while I was home I was going to help out around the house and get as many more credits as I could by doing correspondence courses. So yeah, that's about it. It also means I can blog a lot more :D

So onto the daily song...

Today I have chosen for you... Saw Her Standing There by The Beatles


I really like this song, which a lot of people find surprising. Is I 16 year old goth girl not allowed to like the Beatles or something? I first cam across this song in music, when the teacher split us up into groups and gave us each the same song, which was this one. I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me now.

I will hopefully have more up later, and I will eventually get you a weekly band.

Thanks for reading guys
XoX Shannon <3

No comments:

Post a Comment